Sunday 1 August 2010

A child with a fear of death

An unusual title, but true.
For those who haven't read my previous post please scroll down, can't be bothered putting a link.
Zac is my "inherited" son, who at the moment is going through a period of insecurity about his own life.
He has a belief that he is going to die at an early age, and has other issues. Through his doctor he has got a referral to CAMHS (children and adolescent mental health services).
I'm doing whatever I can to support him, and would like to thank / ackowledge the support I've had from specifically Keliss, Torchy!, and Ty for the IM's i've had with them in the last couple of days. It really is appreciated, guys - many thanks.
More updates to be posted shortly.
Luv to you all,
Baz
#

5 comments:

Seth said...

Hey Baz I hope the mental health professionals can sort things out for/with him, give him lots of hugs and encouragement in the meantime.

*hugs* for you too!

Baz said...

@ Seth, thanks for that m8 - if he's really open with them, I'm sure it can be sorted. Guess he's not really used to hugs, but he does talk to me about these issues, all i can do is try to re-assure him.
Cheers for the hugs for me too - I like them!

lazyboy43 said...

It's a shame he's not used to hugs. The ability to give and receive affection is rather important, wouldn't you say?

At least he's verbally open with you. That can go a long way.

Just said...

I hope Baz , he gets passed that! One of the hardest things I had to do was learn to accept them hugs. I actually didn't do that until I had my own kids, but didn't want them growing up not being able to be affection! Believe or not still have trouble from time to time. Receiving hugs from people I don't know or just met. but Couldn't image how terrified he is and how he copes with thought of him dying. I hope he gets past both of toughs issues Glad he has you to talk to! Their is hope for learning to accept hugs, was really hard thing to learn and accept and really uncomfortable. But with patiences and being uncomfortable it is worth it ! It is a need, not a want.... learning that was the hard part... wishing him and you luck!

Anonymous said...

He's fifteen an he talks to you?

You are indeed blessed!