Friday 27 August 2010

Help / advice needed

"She was not, herself, hugely in favour of motherhood in general. Obviously it was necessary, but it wasn't exactly difficult. Even cats managed it. But women acted as if they'd been given a medal that entitled them to boss people around. It was as if, just because they'd got the label which said "mother", everyone else got a tiny part of the label that said "child"..."
(Terry Pratchett - Carpe Jugulum.)

I was going to write about this, which is still relevant. But there are now other issues.
Thanks kelliss for reminding me its been so long since I posted.

The Boy Wonder is being bullied at school, it's not physical, but more on the line of threats.
He actually talked about it a few days ago, but hasn't been in school since.
Today, we had a meeting at school, (mother decided to let me deal with it) where he did express the same views.
Tonight, tho', I tried to discuss bullying with him, I got the response that it was me and Mum who made him talk to school about it.
Whilst I've put no pressure on him, I do think it was the right thing to do.

Help & advice would be appreciated, please

2 comments:

lazyboy43 said...

I'm rather puzzled by this post. Trying to interpret.

Are you saying that he's ok talking about it with you but not with the school? He'd rather avoid school altogether?

Is he afraid of repercussions from the bullies or how it will look on him by going to the school staff?

Not sure I get it.

lazyboy43 said...

... and yes, obviously alerting the school officials is the right thing to do.

I just don't understand his actions/reactions and where it's coming from.